The Ball Blanket stimulates the sensory system and, thereby, contributes to create an improved bodily consciousness. The Ball Blanket is designed on the basis of the American occupational therapist and psychologist A. Jean Ayres’s theories of sensory integration.
It works due to the weight from the loose balls pressing at certain points of the body, which stimulates both the sensation of touch and the sense of muscle and joint. The many sensory impressions transmit inhibitory impulses to the central nervous system. This increases the sense of the body and its limits, and it provides confidence. Therefore the Ball Blanket is tranquillising.
The Ball Blanket is produced with different balls. The blanket with plastic balls provides most weight and pressure and, therefore, the strongest stimulation of the sensory system.
The Ball Blanket with a mixture of plastic and polystyrene balls is a somewhat lighter blanket for those who need a slightly milder stimulation of the sensory system.
The blanket with polystyrene balls only provides the lightest stimulation of the sensory system.
Stimulation through play
Children love to play with the Ball Blanket. They hide underneath it, or an individual child is wrapped up in the blanket. The stimulation from the balls calms down the child and enhances its attention. Better power of concentration improves the effect of motoric training as well as the learning process.
The Ball Blanket remedies physical and emotional uneasiness.
The Protac Ball Blanket can be used for;
• ADHD • Dementia • Premature Infants
• Anorexia • Depression • Psychoses
• Anxiety • Developmental Disorder • Schizophrenia
• Apoplexy • Disseminated Sclerosis • Sensory Integration • Ataxia • Epilepsy Dysfunction
• Autism • Sleep Disorder • Spasticity Stress
• Brain Injury • Huntington’s Disease • Tactile Defensivness
• Hyperactivity • Stress & Pain • OCD
• Tourette’s Syndrome • Parkinson’s Disease • Concentration