There are a couple of considerations to bear in mind before you decide on a Mobile Patient Hoist.
- Space – is there enough space to work with a mobile hoist and wheelchair beside the bed
- Flooring – is the surface smooth and easy to move castors on
- Access – is there space under the bed for the legs of the hoist to fit, are there any actuators on the bed that could trap the hoist legs.
- Height – is the bed low enough that there is sufficient clearance for the person in the sling when patient hoist is fully raised.
- Practicality- is the portable hoist easy to transport in a car boot.
- Task – simple bed to chair transfers, toileting, pick up from floor, holidays.